Sunday 21 September 2014

What to say...?

Yes, I am sitting in my room and thinking what should I say in my first - after the introduction - post...

Maybe I will simply continue with the thoughts from the previous post?

As I said already I am a dancer myself and have to tell you guys it's not easy to dance Latin dances solo... for about 2 months I am looking for new dance partner and it is a nightmare!

There is number of web pages where you can make your own profile, read profiles of fellow dancers and try to find your perfect match - ex. www.dancesportinfo.net or www.dancesport.uk.com... etc.

There is number of social groups on Facebook where you can post your ad or read ads of fellow dancers and find your perfect match.

There are your coaches who do their best to help you find your perfect match.

There are your friends/dancers who always know someone who know someone who've heard that someone is looking for a new dance partner.

Yes, you have planty of tools and help in finding your perfect competitive dance partner but still you may come a cross some little dificulties:

-the girl's size (she can't be too tall and for sure not taller then you are)

-she may have to relocate or ask you to relocate to her city or even country (BIG PROBLEM!)

-she may have other commitments and sport dance won't be her no 1 priority (problem - if you plan to compete on major comps you will have to travel around the world from comps to comps and coaches to coaches)

-you may dance in two different federations and will have to choose one

-you will have to agree to a main coach who works with you on dance routines and technique.

And of course there is still many more smaller or bigger problems you will come a cross while looking for new dance partner...

What is my biggest problem?

Sadly, it is London... It is city where you can find all the best coaches in the world (Michal Malitowski and Joanna Leunis, Carmen, Bryan Watson, Ricardo and Yulia or Paul Kilick) and best dance events like for example, Blackpool Dance Festival!

However, structure of sport dance in the UK practically allows you to be a professional dancer and dance with the world champions with out any training, knowladge, practice or experience... All you have to do is to register with the British Dance Council and here you go you are a professional dancer yourself!

Yes, funny and very real... And that is how is my search going.

Talking with great, friendly, passionate champion latin dancers but in fact those are just great girls without experience, knowledge or training... :)

Never less, tomorrow is a new day and a new search!

Wish me luck guys... Really hope I will find a partner and start competing again soon. Then I will be able to share my dance pictures and videos with you!

Talk to you soon...


Adrian






No comments:

Post a Comment